NUCLEAR FUEL MANUFACTURING
Job Location: Wilmington, NC (Local candidates only – no relocation or per diem)
· Operate, inspect, perform set-up, and perform general maintenance necessary to manufacture product throughout fuel manufacturing operation. Work with an ownership concept with regard to safety, quality, and production in performance of position responsibilities. Meet or exceed customer expectations through commitment to excellence. Duties include work in controlled access areas and require satisfactory completion of related Special Nuclear Material training.
· Set-up and operate a variety of production equipment in a nuclear fuel fabrication operation.
· Achieve qualification/ certification on level elements as specified in operating and quality documents. Will be required to train and certify on at least one process/product inspection disciplines within 8 weeks.
· Responsible for moving various product containers to a variety of process stations and/or storage locations. Operate motorized fork trucks, side-loaders, hand trucks, and overhead cranes.
· Perform setups, changeovers, and perform minor adjustments to maintain machine tolerances.
· Perform part traceability record keeping, measurement of parts, and packaging produced in the hardware preparation area. Check and monitor quality and output using precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, indicators, optical comparator, profilometer, and pin gages.
· Maintain records, process control charts, and other documentation as required.
Extensive manual lifting and movement of material. Frequent lifting/push/push up to 50 lbs.
Corrected 20/20 vision and color distinction required in order to complete QC vision requirement.
Extensive standing. Some climbing (including platform ladders of up to 14 ft.), bending, and stooping.
Operate motorized fork trucks, hand trucks, and overhead cranes.
Education - high school or equivalent
Math - multiply, divide, add, and subtract to maintain records and determine weights
Must be able to read and comprehend operating, quality, and regulatory requirements
Demonstrated experience using micrometers, dial indicators and other measuring instruments/gages desired.
Must be able to use computers, and have basic computer/keyboarding skills.
DEADLINE to submit: Friday, December 4, 2020
Sonic Systems International, Inc. (SSI) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sonic Systems International, Inc. (SSI) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Sonic Systems International, Inc. (SSI) expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Sonic Systems International, Inc. (SSI) employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.