SPRING 2020 - NDE Openings
Sonic Systems International is seeking qualified candidates for Spring 2020 nuclear outage work. Must be able to certify as a Level II in any/all disciplines.
Open positions include:
- BOP (UT, MT, PT, VT123 Level II)
- FAC Level II
- PDI Certified Technicians (1, 2, IGSCC, 3, 5, WOL, NIR, PA, DM, etc...)
Positions available for March and April 2020.
All qualified/interest candidates should apply with resume, references, and salary requirements HERE
Excellent Pay and Per Diem.
PWR & BWR Technicians
Sonic Systems International has immediate opportunities for PWR & BWR Refuel Technicians for Spring 2020. PWR & BWR Refueling current open positions are:
- RST (camera handler)
- IVVI Level II
- Fuel Movers
- Undervessel Technicians
Excellent Pay and Per Diem
Qualified candidates should send resume, references, and salary requirements HERE.
QA Inspector- Parts Dedication
Sonic Systems Int is looking for applicants to support inspection work at a Service Center in Philadelphia, PA. The individual needs to be qualified/certified to conduct safety-related dedications of commercial grade parts.
These dedication activities include the following:
- Mechanical type measurements that most often consist of dimensional checks with standard and advanced measuring devices
- Visual inspections
- Rockwell hardness testing
- Spring elongation measurements
- XRF metal analysis
- IR analysis for non-metallic materials
Detailed Position Description:
- Responsible for implementing QA requirements contained in Quality Planning, Engineering specifications, Order Entry Documentation, Purchase Orders and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for dedication inspection/testing of product and certifying this activity.
- Provides accurate and timely data analysis to support requests from customer, supplier, or Engineering.
- Periodically interacts with internal/external auditors, customers, and suppliers. Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals, auditors, management, suppliers, and customers.
- Capable of performing complex inspections and tests on product and material using standard and special gages.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs process/product quality evaluations, conducts special studies and projects as requested by Quality Engineers.
• Investigates and recommends solutions to quality data collection systems problems.
• Performs Product/Material certification activities.
• Controls release and status of acceptable, suspect, and non-conforming material and products.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of QA record Retention Systems.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision and make independent sound judgments.
• Must be able to perform detailed mechanical and visual inspections as required.
• Perform Dedication activities per specifications, drawing or test plans on commercial grade product to upgrade to nuclear grade material
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Nuclear experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control or equivalent activities. --QC Mechanical Inspector qualified and certifiable to ANSI N45.2.6 Level II; MT, PT Level II per SNT-TC-1A desirable; VT-1 Level II per ASME Section V requirements.
- 3D Metrology Experience
- Must be able to pass a visual acuity test per ASNT-TC-1a
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the Nuclear industry with a good working knowledge of the requirements of 10CFR50 appendix B and ANSI N45.2
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface with various cultures and at all levels of the organization.
- Math skills including algebra and trigonometry. Knowledge of basic statistics required.
- Must be available to work weekends as required in support of critical project milestones.
- Local to (or within 50 miles from) Philadelphia, PA
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance, Quality Control or equivalent activities.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fabrication, welding, manufacturing or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Mechanical/Dimensional Inspection.
- Precise mechanical, visual, non-destructive testing, electrical testing and data evaluations requires high attention to detail, care of equipment and accuracy in performance of all activities.
- Vision - Must be able to pass a visual acuity test per ASNT-TC-1a
- Must be able to lift loads up to 10lbs.
MUST BE LOCAL TO THE PHILADELPHIA AREA
NO PER DIEM IS OFFERED
NO RELOCATION IS OFFERED
FULL-TIME WITH BENEFITS
Qualified Candidates should submit resume, references, and salary requirements
Sonic Systems International INC. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sonic Systems International INC. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sonic Systems International INC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Sonic Systems International INC employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.