Will operate, inspect, perform set-up, and perform general maintenance necessary to manufacture product throughout fuel manufacturing operation. Will work with an ownership concept with regard to safety, quality, and production in performance of position responsibilities. Will meet or exceed customer expectations through commitment to excellence. Duties will include work in controlled access areas and require satisfactory completion of related Special Nuclear Material training.
- Set-up and operate a variety of production equipment in a nuclear fuel fabrication operation. Achieve qualification/ certification on level elements as specified in operating and quality documents. Will be required to train and certify on at least one process/product inspection disciplines within 8 weeks.
- Responsible for moving various product containers to a variety of process stations and/or storage locations. Will operate motorized fork trucks, side-loaders, hand trucks, and overhead cranes.
- Perform basic setups, changeovers, and perform minor adjustments to maintain machine tolerances.
- Perform part traceability record keeping, measurement of parts, and packaging produced in the hardware preparation area. Check and monitor quality and output using precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, indicators, optical comparator, profilometer, and pin gages.
- Maintain records, process control charts, and other documentation as required.
– Extensive manual lifting and movement of material. Frequent lifting/push/push up to 50 lbs.
– Corrected 20/20 vision and color distinction required in order to complete Quality Control vision requirement.
– Extensive standing. Some climbing (including platform ladders of up to 14 ft.), bending, and stooping.
– Operate motorized fork trucks, hand trucks, and overhead cranes.
– Education – high school or equivalent
– Math – multiply, divide, add, and subtract to maintain records and determine weights
– Must be able to read and comprehend operating, quality, and regulatory requirements
– Demonstrated experience in use of micrometers, dial indicators and other precision measuring instruments/gages desired.
– Must be able to use computers, and have basic computer/keyboarding skills.