Quality Inspector in Philadelphia, PA (local candidates only) – no relocation or per diem
Duration: Starts immediately – full time position with benefits
The individual needs to be qualified/certified to conduct safety-related dedications of commercial grade parts. These dedication activities include the following:
· Mechanical type measurements that most often consist of dimensional checks with standard and advanced measuring devices
· Visual inspections
· Rockwell hardness testing
· Spring elongation measurements
· XRF metal analysis
· IR analysis for non-metallic materials
Specific dedication jobs will involve checking any part to current dedication requirements listed on dedication specifications.
Detailed Position Description:
· Responsible for implementing QA requirements contained in Quality Planning, Engineering specifications, Order Entry
· Documentation, Purchase Orders and applicable regulatory requirements.
· Responsible for dedication inspection/testing of product and certifying this activity.
· Provides accurate and timely data analysis to support requests from customer, supplier, or Engineering.
· Periodically interacts with internal/external auditors, customers, and suppliers. Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals, auditors, management, suppliers, and customers.
· Capable of performing complex inspections and tests on product and material using standard and special gages. Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Performs process/product quality evaluations, conducts special studies and projects as requested by Quality Engineers.
· Investigates and recommends solutions to quality data collection systems problems.
· Performs Product/Material certification activities.
· Controls release and status of acceptable, suspect, and non-conforming material and products.
· Responsible for the development and maintenance of QA record Retention Systems.
· Must be able to work with minimal supervision and make independent sound judgments.
· Must be able to perform detailed mechanical and visual inspections as required.
· Perform Dedication activities per specifications, drawing or test plans on commercial grade product to upgrade to nuclear grade material.
· High School Graduate or equivalent.
· Nuclear experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control or equivalent activities. –QC Mechanical Inspector qualified and certifiable to ANSI N45.2.6 Level II; MT, PT Level II per SNT-TC-1A desirable; VT-1 Level II per ASME Section V requirements.
· 3D Metrology Experience
· Must be able to pass a visual acuity test per ASNT-TC-1a
· Minimum of 1 year experience in the Nuclear industry with a good working knowledge of the requirements of 10CFR50 appendix B and ANSI N45.2
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface with various cultures and at all levels of the organization.
· Math skills including algebra and trigonometry. Knowledge of basic statistics required.
· Must be available to work weekends as required in support of critical project milestones.
· Local to (or within 50 miles from) Philadelphia, PA
· Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance, Quality Control or equivalent activities.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fabrication, welding, manufacturing or related field.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Mechanical/Dimensional Inspection.
· Precise mechanical, visual, non-destructive testing, electrical testing and data evaluations requires high attention to detail, care of equipment and accuracy in performance of all activities.
· Vision – Must be able to pass a visual acuity test per ASNT-TC-1a
· Must be able to lift loads up to 50 lbs.