Position: Services Technology Training Center Technician
Location: San Jose, CA (local candidates only – no relocation or per diem) Full time position with benefits.
– Using blueprints and/or verbal directions, perform precision assembly and alignment procedures on nuclear reactor repair tooling including the following:
– Operate heavy machinery including but not limited to overhead cranes, hoists, forklifts, and boomlifts
– Able to conceive, design, detail and implement modifications to prototype tools
– Perform retrofits to existing
– Support tool and test engineers during tooling fabrication, assembly, functional and testing
– Interface with internal and external machine/fabrication shops
– Assist with procurement and pick-up of components from
– Adept knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic and electro-mechanical motion control
– Skills in tool development troubleshooting capabilities and techniques
– High School Graduate or
– Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface with various cultures and at all levels of the organization.
– Must be available to work weekends as required in support of critical project
– Unrestricted authorization to work in the United
– Must pass a background check and be able to gain unescorted access to nuclear power stations.
– Willing to travel to nuclear power stations to support
– Forklift and Crane Operation
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fabrication, welding, manufacturing or related
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Mechanical/Dimensional
Must be able to lift loads up to 50 lbs.