Technology Development – Machinist – Fabricator
Location: San Jose, CA. – local candidates only – no relocation or per diem
Duration: Starts immediately – full time position with benefits
This position involves working with a team of highly skilled and experienced mechanical/electrical technicians and engineers to develop, test, and prove new specialized tooling and robotics for use in nuclear power plants, and assist in the operation and maintenance of the nuclear training facility.
Work environment is highly collaborative, exciting, and ever changing. If you enjoy working with a small team of innovative and talented people, this job is for you.
- Using drawings and/or verbal directions, perform precision assembly and alignment procedures on nuclear reactor repair tooling including the following:
- EDM/welding actuators
- Measurement tools
- Mock-Ups & Fixtures
- Hydraulic, Pneumatic & Motorized motion activated tooling
- Operate heavy machinery including but not limited to overhead cranes, hoists, forklifts, and manlifts
- Able to conceive, design, detail and implement modifications to prototype tools
- Perform retrofits to existing tools.
- Support tool and test engineers during tooling fabrication, assembly, functional and testing
- Interface with internal and external machine/fabrication shops
- Assist with procurement and pick-up of components from vendors.
- Adept knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, and electro-mechanical motion control systems.
- Skills in tool development troubleshooting capabilities and techniques
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface with various cultures and at all levels of the organization.
- Must be available to work weekends as required in support of critical project milestones.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Must pass a background check and be able to gain unescorted access to nuclear power stations.
- Willing to travel to nuclear power stations to support outages.
- Forklift and Crane Operation experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Metal Fabrication, Welding, Manufacturing, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Mechanical Assembly
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Machining & Precision Inspection
- Must be able to lift loads up to 50 lbs.
Submit resume via this posting, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org