Sonic Systems International is looking to fill the role of Rope Access NDT/NDE Technician. This role is in the wind field and requires both rope and NDE expertise.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy environment by adhering to Company / Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concerns.
- Utilizes proper personal protective equipment.
- Follows the Rope Access Supervisor’s or the Rope Access Lead Technician’s directions.
- Displays respect for heights and follows all OSHA, site-specific, and ATS safety procedures.
- Understands work permits and participates in job hazard analyses.
- Participates in required training, and rope access certification sessions and maintains a working understanding of rope access safe working practices.
- Inspects and verifies rope access systems and components before use.
- Recognizes worksite hazards and notifies the Rope Access Supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintains proficiency in rescue techniques and assists in rescues as directed and in accordance with certification level.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- IRATA / SPRAT certification
- NDT / NDE Certification preferred
- Travel required.
- Must have a capacity for work at height.
- Field duties require outdoor work with varying weather conditions.
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, and stooping.
- Tasks may also include physically moving and setting up inspection equipment
- Climbing and working off of ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and objects in excess of 100 ft.
- Working extended hours and standing for extended periods of time.
- Work in indoor and outdoor environments in conditions of heat and/or cold.
- Work in and near industrial hazards.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively.
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
- Ability to maintain focus and multitask effectively.
- Exhibits sensible and responsible behavior.
- Must meet SPRAT certification requirements